IT Application Developer Supervisor
IT Administrator Developer Supervisor
This position is formally called Core Services Solution Development (CSSD) Supervisor. This position is a highly technical position responsible for day-to-day supervision of the CSSD team as well as supporting the organizations Solutions Development practices. This role will lead a high performing agile scrum team of developers in delivering enhancements, configurations, solutions and data conversion/integration/migration services for our Core Banking Platform. They will serve as Scrum Master to prioritize assign and manage work for the Solution Development team. The Supervisor will collaborate with key technical and business stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and implement solutions. Though their leadership this role will develop, challenge, mentor and coach team members to deliver cutting-edge solutions for our internal and external members. They will provide technical development oversite to a wide range of projects and initiatives. There will be hands-on coding as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise as well as actively participate with the team and workload to own the technical development architecture, core development, data migration, data conversion, and data service road map for the organization
- Perform productively at many levels, from the abstract world of software development and architecture to the concrete day-to-day world of operations support, issue resolution, enhancement development, and maintenance of systems
- Design, implement, integrate and support multiple platform solutions, including SaaS and desktop environments
- Collaborate with Cyber Security team members to draft software development policies, enforce Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices, and create document templates & processes to support SDLC
- Collaborate across multiple product owners to create data centric and customer focused solutions
- Diagnose and resolve systemic and process road blocks preventing your team from delivering timely high-quality work
- Lead stakeholder interviews and serve as subject matter expert when needed to assist with business requirements, technical impact assessment, and solution recommendations
- Be accountable for meeting project, team, and department deadlines
- Reviews Symitar core system policy and procedure and make formal recommendations for enhancements
- Tests and documents host system controls with new product modules as they are approved and implemented
- Reviews and keeps abreast of compliance and regulatory policies as they relate to core processing and make recommendation for modifications. Assists in documentation of core system user policies and procedures.
- Works proactively to identify issues and/or areas where processes could be improved. Identifies data processing exceptions. Analyzes problems and provides technical assistance to solve them.
- Provides a proactive approach when troubleshooting to avoid system downtime.
- Consults with department managers and shareholders to identify areas of operations that could be improved using system tools and applications.
- Participates in IT and credit union projects and goals with an emphasis on research of the impact of key areas as they relate to the core processes.
- Works directly with vendors for resolution of product deficiencies and participate in vendors beta and pilot testing.
- Supports system upgrades and its related components and trains employees in the organization as necessary.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and documentation for core processing system.
- Preserves confidentiality of credit union records
- Keeps work area secure and well maintained
- Provide excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members’ and co-workers’ needs and follow up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as is applies to this position.
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four (4) year college or university and 2 years related experience; or four years in a related field; or any combination of experience and/or training equivalent to bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus five years related experience. Five (5) years of development experience, preferably in financial services. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level. Demonstrated Development Team experience in Agile or Agile-like environment. Exemplary technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of developed solutions and work processes to serve members and employees.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Senior Programmer Analyst, Programmer Analyst
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Willing to balance support for organizational initiatives over own department needs. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to a new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
Creates an environment that encourages innovative solutions or improvements and fosters experimentation for the benefit of the members. Recognizes and rewards those who take initiative with new approaches and act in a creative manner. Assesses, manages and takes calculated risks to achieve goals. Constantly looks for ways to improve products, processes and infrastructure of the organization to enhance employee and member benefit. Stays abreast of current and future trends both in and outside of industry to forecast and build future business vision including on-going evaluation of future directions and associated risks.
Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & COMPETITIVE MINDSET
Knows the basics of the market and business context. Aware of local and national competitors. Understands the similarities and differences of our business model to other financial institutions. Brings forth ideas to keep our business competitive.
Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility. Maintains and applies a general understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Prepares and manages the budget for area of responsibility. Uses cost-benefit thinking to align priorities. Identifies cost effective approaches. Brings forward any financial concerns to the attention of Senior Management.
We are an EEO Employer