Investor Services & Portfolio Accounting Supervisor at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
The Fund Administration Team of FIS is a growing, fast-paced business unit within the capital markets division. The Accounting Supervisor will be assisting with our Investor Services and Transfer Agency functions (including AML and KYC processing) as well as be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and administration for closed-end funds managed by clients.
What You Will Be Doing
- Process Investor and Shareholder Activity
- Perform AML/KYC checks on investors following company procedures and client instructions
- Facilitate transaction settlements and wire transfers as required
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of the investor capital statement
- Prepare and reconcile cash and positions on a daily basis back to custodian, prime broker or third party.
- Prepare monthly GAV work paper package. Perform all month end reconciliations including cash, positions, market price, market value, and accrued interest/dividends to supporting schedules and Trial Balance
- Assist with client onboarding which includes, but not limited to, loading of client's tax lots, cash balance and trial balance onto the accounting platform
- Assist in year-end audit by providing backup documentation for sampling selected by client's auditors.
- Prepare expense budget analysis and perform expense calculations
- Calculate net assets for partnerships and unitized funds, allocate profit and loss to each investor including.
- Management fees
- Incentive fee calculations
- Calculate and review fund returns
- Perform ad-hoc functions related to fund requirements
- Ensure client month-end and reporting deliverables are satisfied
- Work closely with clients to resolve inquiries and ensure client satisfaction.
- Work well in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Cross-train on other daily functions
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- At least 5 years of previous middle office or investor services experience, and at least 1 year in a lead role
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of securities and fixed income assets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines without constant supervision
- Independent judgment and multi-tasking capabilities
- Initiative and ownership of job responsibilities
- Ability to perform essential job duties accurately and timely
- Adherence to deadlines and targets
What We Offer
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.