Investment Professional at VC firm at Access Venture Partners
Applications open until 2/21/22
As one of the most active and longest running VC firms in Colorado, Access Venture Partners has backed 90+ Colorado startups over the past 20 years. Colorado has become one of the fastest growing venture markets in the country, with over 500 new investments a year and $2.5B capital deployed in the state. We’re looking to add to our investment team to keep up with the exponential growth.
We take pride in knowing the founders, entrepreneurs & resources that comprise our ecosystem and we’re looking for an investment professional that is eager to delve into the Mountain West startup ecosystem. Our team is mostly remote although we do require the candidate be based in Colorado and occasionally meet for deal review.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Track and manage our database of investment opportunities.
- Proactively source and screen new investment opportunities
- Conduct company and industry due diligence
- Work with portfolio and prospective portfolio companies to develop operating plans and syndicate financings
- Identify and facilitate introductions between startups and potential executives, advisors, mentors & board members.
- Build and maintain a network of relevant contacts through active participation in the Colorado startup community
- 5-10 years of business experience, preferably in technology, startups, venture capital, or management consulting
- Desire to join a small team with a “startup” environment and actively invest in regional early-stage technology startups
- Experience analyzing market size, product differentiation, product/market fit, go-to-market execution, and scaling a tech startup
- Fundamental ability to distill business into the unit economics that drive the business model
- Excellent verbal skills, ability to communicate complicated concepts clearly and succinctly
- Ability to tell people “no'' or “not now” while maintaining a positive relationship and dialog over time.
- Proven ability to work both independently, as well as with a team and senior executives
- Ability to listen to constructive feedback, synthesize it and continue to move forward.
- Ability to construct financial modeling
Previous founders and product leaders please apply!