International (EU) Accounting Manager
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager, EU Accounting will be responsible for both leading the EU accounting function and continually improving the procedures, processes, and systems to enable Zayo Group to meet operational, reporting, and audit requirements as the company grows. This is a unique position offering greater breadth and career opportunity than traditional accounting roles. This position reports to the Controller but has high visibility to the CFO. This high-energy, hands-on role financial leader will manage a team and ensure the company’s finance and accounting function can scale and support the company’s growth.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Oversee international compliance and manage accounting team in EU.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly account reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure SOX compliance activities are performed timely.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Develop and document global business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Respond to inquiries from the Assistant Controller, Controller, and other finance and company-wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting request.
- Assist internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- A strong team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude who drives process improvements to increase effectiveness of the team and minimize room for errors.
- A self-starter and high-achiever with a focus on doing a great job.
- Partner with FP&A to improve system and processes for internal and external reporting.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Support Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller (and other departments as appropriate) on special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as necessary.
- BS in Accounting; MBA preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience required.
- Experience partnering with FP&A to deliver insightful information.
- Experience with Oracle R12, Salesforce a plus.
- Experience working at a multinational organization.
- Experience with Telecommunication company preferred.
- A superior problem solver, possessing the initiative to look into the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave