International Accounting Manager at PopSockets LLC
International Accounting Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
The International Accounting Manager will partner directly with the Controller, Chief Financial Officer, international territory Presidents, and tax department to develop and manage the accounting process across all international sales channels. This position will lead and provide financial guidance and support to the Company as we grow rapidly in international markets. The International Accounting Manager will be based in our Boulder, Colorado office.
- Management of the entire international accounting function, including entities in Europe, Asia and Latin America
- Monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reporting responsibilities for international units, both internal and statutory
- Assist in building out the international financial infrastructure, including personnel and information systems
- Assist in developing the Company’s international accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Coordinate with international subsidiary general managers and outside accountants for budgeting, reporting and bank matters.
- Assist in establishing international subsidiaries
- Set up and monitor international entities budgets, cash management and funding requirements
- Work with international accounting firms and Company personnel to complete all accounting transactions and financial statements monthly, quarterly and annually
- Assist in resolution of consolidation issues
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- Experience working with international subsidiaries
- Limited International travel required, post-pandemic
- Understanding of VAT
- Experience reviewing, preparing and reconciling multi-currency, intercompany accounts
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency with an ERP system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Other Experience Valuable to the Role:
- Experience with transfer pricing preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- IFRS and/or Chinese GAAP experience
- Public company experience
- Experience preparing consolidations
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Consumer products experience
Annual base salary range (U.S. dollars): $100,000.00 to $130,000.00
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.