International Accountant at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:12 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, March 23, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
JumpCloud is looking for an International Accountant to support the Company’s accounting function for international subsidiaries around the world. This role will work closely with the Controller and VP of Finance to provide accurate and timely reporting and ensure statutory compliance.
This role can be based anywhere within the United States. We are not considering international candidates at this time.
Day to day you'll be asked to:
- Assist in establishing international subsidiaries
- Assist in developing the Company’s international accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Work with international accounting firms and Company personnel to ensure all payroll, vendor payments and accounting transactions are processed correctly.
- Set up and monitor international cash management and funding requirements
- Coordinating monthly and quarterly close processes for all international subsidiaries, prepare and record necessary elimination entries and perform reconciliation of all intercompany balances
- Ensure that intercompany transactions are consistent with executed agreements, meet the requirements of the Company's business and tax planning strategies, and are properly documented and entered onto each entity's monthly accounting records
- Preparing monthly global consolidations in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- Establish and maintain procedures related to revaluation of foreign currency balances, non-USD currency translation and related adjustment
- Work with Company's external accounting partners to ensure compliance with local financial statutory reporting requirements, including statutory audits
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting with significant experience in GL, financial consolidations and FX accounting
- Experience reviewing, preparing and reconciling multi-currency, inter company accounts
- Experience in managing local accounting firms and statutory auditors
- Understanding of VAT and GST
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- SaaS industry experience
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $85,000-$100,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions.
JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that are you able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
For US Roles: All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area but as a remote company, you are able to work remotely anywhere in the U.S. If you would like to spend time in the office in Denver/Boulder area, you are welcome do that as well.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description