Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. We're looking for a passionate consultant in the Denver area with accounting industry knowledge, savvy tech skills, who wants to be part of an accounting software company revolutionizing the small business world. This role is responsible in two key areas. One, to help drive the adoption of Xero's Practice Manager within accounting firms. This includes implementing the solution into their firm while also providing tools to streamline workflows and processes. In addition, this role will provide expertise on our different conversion options and provide project plans to execute on those options.
This role will be part consulting and part sales. You will need to be able to question and probe stakeholders to uncover new opportunities as well as present solutions that demonstrate how Xero's products solve a firm's specific problems.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, strong problem solving skills, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and experience in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Provide end-to-end implementation of Xero Practice Manager for Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Assisting internal teams on our different conversion solutions and providing solutions using those tools
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Demonstrating Xero solutions in pre-sales context to Accountants and Bookkeepers specifically for our practice products and how they work in the Xero ecosystem
- Partner with Sales and Professional Services to develop a plan for making Xero a part of each customer's core architecture
- Working closely with the Sales team to deliver business plans for Partners
- Educating partners on all partner resources available
- Updating CRM system with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Responding in a timely manner to all Partner inquiries
- Manage the creation of resources (processes/videos) for frequently asked questions from Partners
What you'll bring with you
- Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication, planning and presentation skills
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 4 year degree required
- 2+ years of accounting
- 2+ Years project or program management experience
- Strong knowledge for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Understanding of core Microsoft Excel functions with a willingness to learn more
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please apply if you:
Love doing #beautiful work – contribute to a beautiful experience for our customers.
Show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations small business owners.
Seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.