Healthcare Billing Specialist at SonderMind
SonderMind will be adding a Healthcare Billing Specialist who will be responsible for all revenue operations including benefits verification to payment collections by end of 2020. This position will report directly to the Director of Revenue Operations and will work closely with other functional areas in the department including customer success to promote the highest level of patient satisfaction. You will be joining a team that is highly collaborative, supportive, and adaptable.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you have strong attention to detail and are able to meet deadlines. You are motivated to ensure a high level of patient satisfaction. You enjoy being presented with challenges, are solutions-oriented, and are excited to work with a highly collaborative team.
- Within one week, be able to understand the full revenue cycle including learning processes, adapting tools, and become familiarized with revenue workflow
- Within two weeks, be able to communicate directly with clients and providers answering and resolving billing/claim issues; dive into claims submission and research rejected, incorrect or outstanding claims and/or patient issues
- Within one month, be able to see positive accounts receivable collection improvements through blank payment posting, working outstanding AR and charging outstanding cost share in the charging queue.
- Within two months, be able to see positive revenue workflow efficiency with company goal to increase collections rates between 92-95% as an individual contributor
- Knowledge of insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
- 1+ years of direct customer service in the healthcare industry or related field
- Insurance collection experience (benefit verification, billing and collection, appeals.)
- Demonstrated accounts receivable experience
- Comfort and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Intermediate Excel skills
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated success in revenue-cycle innovation
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Self-motivated and driven
- Leadership skills
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, non-exempt position
- In Colorado, starting pay range is $18.00- $20.00/hr. Actual title and pay are commensurate on experience and location
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered. In your cover letter, please explain how this role is aligned with your professional goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy with 18+ days accrued PTO per year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.