Health Insurance Submissions, 2020 Grad at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
As a core member of the Health Insurance Submission team, you’ll be responsible for onboarding customers with our national carrier partners helping to ensure they have active coverage. You’ll put their minds at ease by guiding them through complex and nuanced processes, providing timely enrollment updates, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage benefit operations (submit health insurance benefits through forms and carrier portals)
- Work through queues of enrollment requests in Salesforce
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2020 Graduates (Bachelor or Associate degree)
- Extracurricular activities, volunteer work, athletics, leadership
- 0-1 years work experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, finance, or a start-up environment
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction
- Skills in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimate improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously: you are excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Healthcare, health insurance, or employee benefits experience
- Experience with Salesforce
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.