Head of Investor Relations at Ibotta
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to lead Ibotta’s investor relations program as Head of Investor Relations to contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with corporate Finance teams, and cross-functional leaders. The Head of Investor Relations will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s investor relations strategy, and managing relationships with shareholders, prospective investors, and analysts, as well as performing as company spokesperson.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Handle communications between the company and the investment community including Buy-Side, Sell-Side and Retail investors relations.
- Develop and drive a robust investor relations strategy, framework, and roadmap by clearly articulating both current performance and long-term strategy.
- Coordinate and/or prepare earnings releases and other financial announcements, quarterly earnings call remarks, investor presentations, and management reports of market, trading, and stock ownership.
- Develop and execute campaigns to target appropriate institutional investors.
- Organize conferences, road shows, and investor meetings, to support investment ecosystem events.
- Create and maintain financial consensus models based on sell-side analyst reports, for explanation to executive management.
- Work with the executive management to develop and maintain sell-side and buy-side analyst relationships.
- Advise executive management on expected investment community reaction to various strategic decisions and current market perceptions of the company.
- Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues that could impact the business.
- Communicate with executive management and the board of directors in addition to regular contact with financial staff and others across the company.
- Work closely with Corporate Communications team on full range of external and internal communications.
What We Are Looking For
- 8-12+ years in managing investor relations in a publicly traded company.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proven track record with building trust and long-term relationships within the investment community.
- Strong knowledge of equity and debt capital markets, corporate finance and financial planning and analysis (FP&A).
- Effectively synthesizes and communicates complex business, strategic and financial information in written form, orally and in presentations.
- Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to personally create impactful presentations in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience in development and execution of communication strategies; excellent writing ability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of selective disclosure and materiality issues as they relate to financial reporting.
- Knowledge of SEC disclosure requirements and filings, accounting concepts and financial analysis.
- Broad knowledge of stock exchange rules and regulations and proven experience in working with Wall Street.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work proactively with other functions to understand the company’s story and vision.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $160,000-$180,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.