About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As the Head of the Internal Audit Team of Reserve Trust, you’ll play a critical role in developing and leading Reserve Trust’s internal audit department and strategy. This role owns and directs the internal audit objectives across the enterprise, including maintaining awareness of standing and emerging risks, refreshing the the audit universe and internal audit plan, and independent and objective evaluations of the design and operating effectiveness of the organization’s governance, risk management, and internal controls. This role is also responsible for direct engagement with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have prior financial services internal audit experience, preferably in the fintech, payments and/or retail banking sectors. Demonstrable experience of building or substantially redeveloping core internal audit capabilities, establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, and building and managing a high-performing team will be essential. In addition to the technical requirements, this role will suit an ambitious and passionate internal auditor who would like to be a part of a fast-growing company and help to further the development of the business through robust internal audit coverage.
This role reports functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and internally to the Chief Executive Officer and will partner and collaborate across the business providing provide senior management with assurance on the adequacy of the business’ control activities. This is a new position offering autonomy and ownership and an opportunity to join a dynamic company.
What You’ll Do:
· Overall responsibility for developing a risk based multi-year audit plan, performing risk assessments and overseeing the execution of audits for areas of responsibility
· Collaborate with members of the Audit Committee team to determine audit coverage and approach for designated businesses
· Collaborate with other corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities are coordinated and where possible, leveraged
· Provide control advisory services to Reserve Trust’s internal business lines
· Develop and implement changes to the audit practice and processes in-line with regulatory requirements
· Evaluate and streamline quarterly and annual audit processes and improve departmental and company costs
· Oversee SOX testing and assure all deadlines are met by internal and external auditors.
· Manage and foster business relationships with Senior Management
· Research industry trends and emerging risks and provide change recommendations
· Assist in the recruiting and mentoring, leading, developing, and evaluating personnel
· Engagement with relevant regulators where applicable
· Perform other duties as needed
· Preferred minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Finance/Accounting with a Fortune 500 company or Public Accounting firm, including previous internal or external audit experience
· Experience in operating internal audit functions with hybrid internal / external co-sourced resource model
· 5+ years of management and leadership experience with a proven leadership track record, including people development and project management
· Expertise in accounting, CPA is preferred. CIA and/or CISA certifications are desirable. Licensed CAMS or equivalent knowledge required.
Strong knowledge of BSA/AML best practices preferred
· Positive, team-focused approach and proven leadership track record, including people development and project management
· Experience with financial and IT risk assessments, internal control analyses, audit procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley
· Strong business acumen and technical accounting skills
· Ability to analyze and interpret team research and analytics
· Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $170,000 – 220,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description