Head of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
You have a positive, "can-do" attitude who is ready to jump in and make things happen. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn't working, you shift gears quickly and develop a new approach to handle any challenge. You have a solid inclination to build standard, simple, and automated processes. You will report to our Corporate Controller in this remote role.
About the Role
- Oversee the technical accounting function with a focus on accounting for stock-based compensation (ASC 718), Leasing (ASC 842), strategic investments, identifying and analyzing technical guidance, drafting policies and multiple memos, and providing training to internal finance and accounting groups.
- Lead Zoom ventures governance and reporting, mergers, and acquisitions due diligence, purchase accounting and assist with integration activities while partnering with the corporate development team.
- Lead financial reporting function including external reporting, statutory reporting of all forms, proxy statements, earnings releases, and other forms of financial reports; and internal/management reporting
- Create, and own financial reporting calendars to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, BOD package, press release, and financial statements
- Be a trusted partner and work with several partners within Finance and across the company, including legal, marketing, Investor relations, FP&A, accounting, and Tax.
- Expert of accounting and financial reporting rules and a working knowledge of financial statements disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Take ownership and guide the team in coordinating annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Create comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Manage reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Assess the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the financial reporting timelines
- Lead the team in month-end and year-end closing in complex equity areas, non-standard transactions, or reporting
- Develop a vision for the team to build state-of-the-art function of global financial reporting and technical accounting
- Present the long-term plan and status periodically to finance leadership to ensure understanding
- Present quarterly goals, results, and lessons learned at the quarterly finance team QBRs
- Participate in other projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA or equivalent required
- 15+ years plus of relevant experience and at least 6 years of public accounting
- Expertise to make well-reasoned decisions
- Outstanding project management skills
- Experience with US GAPP and SEC Reporting requirements
- XBRL tagging knowledge, Workiva experience
- Work overtime during busy periods (i.e., month, quarter, and year-end)
- Oracle experience
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram