Global Operations Financial Governance at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
Provide research and analysis in asset management, hardware, software, and services procurement, contract management and negotiation, financial management and analysis and vendor management for FIS IT hardware, software and services contracts.
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors IT contract performance and compliance.
- Ensures contracts meet legal, corporate, quality and cost requirements.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications to contracts.
- Negotiates software licensing agreements as well as planning for major hardware and software upgrades and changes.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships including tracking and analysis of vendor spend as well as vendor performance.
- Maintains an Enterprise IT Asset Management solution to ensure purpose and functionality closely aligns with business procedures, directions and strategies.
- Coordinates all activities associated with entire life cycle of hardware and software assets and services.
- Ensures architectural plans are realized via compliance with software-licensing requirements and asset redeployment standards.
- Routinely conducts risk assessments associated with licensing compliance to ensure all vendor contractual requirements are met.
- Administers and controls expenses within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures financial goals and objectives are achieved within area of responsibility.
- Works to reduce overall budget expense by managing contracts effectively.
- Performs financial analysis for acquisition cost-effectiveness, develops chargeback and inventory control processes and develops lease/buy models for hardware and software.
- Authorizes requests for proposal and lease/maintenance contracts.
- Oversees development and maintenance of tracking systems for hardware and software acquisition including related services.
- Draws up budgetary requirements and oversees forecasting.
- Works with IT project management team to understand hardware and software necessary for each initiative. Once identified, places orders in response to service or material requirements and for auditing suppliers against contracted supply agreements (includes supervising orders being sourced and procured, inventory management, problem solving and communicating issues to customers and management and utilizing procurement software.
- Reviews and coordinates negotiation and administration responsibilities of contracts with moderate scope and complexity.
- Drive risk savings initiative governance and reporting across the GIO Organization.
- Use accounting and technical accounting expertise to identify savings within the various GIO budgets.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
- Requires contract negotiation, financial management and vendor relationship experience with a demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate, review, draft and negotiate vendor relationships and contracts
- Ability to understand and apply concepts
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Possesses solid project management skills of small and large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Knows and understands business needs and has the ability to adapt changing technology to business needs
- Requires a working knowledge of procurement and financial management principles
- Ability to interact with internal clients and vendors at various levels regarding contractual agreements
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office package and related software applications is required
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry as well as demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Team skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.