SALT Lending is looking for an experienced Fund Accountant for its registered investment advisor, Salt Blockchain Asset Management. The successful candidate will assist in all areas such as fund management, accounting/audit, policy development, position reporting/mark to market procedures, investor reporting and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, and is well-versed in working within a hedge fund and/or credit fund.
SALT Lending operates a blockchain-based platform built on the Ethereum network that facilitates the issuance of multi-signature smart contract loans by connecting borrowers to lenders. The company encompasses several business divisions, that includes an innovative loan servicing platform, online marketplace, and asset management unit. In addition, SALT Lending will engage with the underbanked community worldwide by funding a financial inclusion initiative.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the successful and accurate completion of the accounting and administrative servicing requirements for various funds and products as a member of the fund accounting team. The Fund Accountant will work closely with CIO & CFO along with other investment professionals within the firm. They must possess the ability to communicate effectively, foster teamwork, prioritize tasks, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, and have great attention to detail. The services and actions of the Fund Accountant will always show the professionalism, care and managerial insight that we use to achieve a new level of growth and profitability.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assisting in the monthly and quarterly accounting close process including preparation of income statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flows, and preparation of support schedules showing detailed investment activity, income and expense amounts
- Reconciliation of cash and positions, payables and receivables, and shareholder activity
- Maintain loan origination systems and support including break resolution
- Calculation and processing of fees and other payments
- Preparing and reviewing trial balances
- Managing and monitoring the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Must have an interest in blockchain technology & cryptocurrency
- Series 27 preferred
- Providing technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Coordinating with operations, tax, investor relations, investment and legal teams
- Assist CFO with other functional responsibilities including corporate accounting, compliance, and new business initiatives
- Working with auditors to provide information as requested
- Reviewing limited partnership agreements, private placement memorandums, and other materials
- Completing ad-hoc and special projects as directed
Candidates for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation, minimum 7 years fund accounting experience, ideally at a hedge fund, credit fund; commodities and foreign exchange knowledge also highly valuable
- Series 27 preferred
- Experience in settings that require critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions, to multi-task and to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong project management skills including ability to drive multiple end-to-end projects simultaneously
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and financial technology
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
- Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks
- Asset management industry experience
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP financial statements for alternative investments
Full-time. Must be from the Great Denver Area or willing to relocate.