HomeAdvisor joined forces with Angie’s List in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation under the public company ANGI HomeServices. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. To support our recent growth, we are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented financial analyst.
The Financial Analyst:
As our Financial Analyst, you will report to one of our Managers of Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”). You will play a critical role in the monthly forecasting and annual planning of financials and metrics. This role will focus on HomeAdvisor’s operating expense forecasting, operational reporting and operating performance analysis. This role will provide an excellent foundation to learn about HomeAdvisor and the FP&A function. This person will sit in our Headquarters in Denver.
As a Financial Analyst on our team, your day would include:
- Working closely with business owners (including marketing, operations, sales and corporate support) and FP&A team members to:
- Build annual budgets and monthly forecasts,
- Assess and understand drivers of variances to forecast, and explain business trends
- Provide accurate and timely operational reports and analysis to the Executive Team and business stakeholders to support and drive strategic decisions
- Assisting with the development, management, and improvement of financial models, forecasts, and budgets
- Partnering cross-functionally with accounting to understand the accounting treatment of various transactions and improving our forecast accuracy.
You’ll join a team:
- Of motivated people, team-oriented collaborators, problem solvers, and Excel gurus
- That works hard, but takes time to recognize wins and enjoy time together
Tools for the trade:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in a financial/accounting/business analysis role
- Advanced Excel skills
- Superior attention to detail, strong analytical skills and problem-solving work ethic
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with information from numerous sources and working with incomplete or partial data
- Intellectual curiosity and continuous improvement drive
- Ability to prioritize, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems (NetSuite, Oracle Hyperion, etc.) and corporate performance management systems (Adaptive, Anaplan, Vena, etc.) a plus
- Experience with SQL, VBA or other programming languages a plus
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!