About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
At Boom Supersonic, our mission is to make the world dramatically more accessible through supersonic flight. We’re looking for a highly motivated fleet and network planning manager to build our long term fleet plan and develop network solutions for customers.
Reporting to the VP of Commercial Development & Operations, the fleet and network manager will be responsible for the creation of the in-house network modeling strategy, implementation, and updates. This will include long range planning, international route modeling and evaluation of fleet scenarios. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in long term fleet planning, experience with new aircraft evaluations, and develop fleet replacement scenarios. This position requires strategic thinking, extensive financial analysis / spreadsheet modeling skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with the engineering team. Must have strong communication skills and the ability to summarize findings concisely for recommendations to senior management.
- Develop and identify potential new supersonic market and revenue opportunities for the Overture aircraft
- Subject matter expert who utilizes internal optimization models to demonstrate the financial benefits of Boom’s supersonic aircraft
- Analysis of the revenue generating capability of supersonic travel and operational performance of Overture
- Employ strategic and critical thinking capability to develop robust network and fleet related solutions for customers
- Build business case analysis and ad hoc financial modeling for various fleet initiatives such as aircraft modifications, configuration options, and other fleet programs
- Support long-term fleet lifecycle management including acquisitions and retirements
- Develop recommendations for consideration by the airline on fares and rates, route structure, aircraft selection
- Conduct analysis and present recommendations to executive leadership for all fleet strategy functions
- Quantify and communicate the attributes of our products/services to meet customer needs and enhance customer acceptance
- Maintain and distribute regular fleet reports to various internal stakeholders
- Manage Ad hoc fleet related projects
- Customer travel is required
- 8+ years of related experience in a top global airline or aviation consulting firm as an analyst and or manager in network planning, operations, finance, technical procurement or corporate development
- Deep market knowledge of the aviation industry
- Motivated professional that is capable of managing a heavy workload while prioritizing complex tasks in a startup environment
- An agile, self-starter with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Adapts well in fast-paced/changing environments
- Shows up every day with a high can-do attitude and energy
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Problem solver with bias for action and commitment to results
- Able to work with airlines and have a level of professionalism and polish
- Experienced in producing and presenting powerful messages and presentations at the Executive level
- Great verbal & written skills. Stimulating communicator, persuasive “selling” style
- BS/BA degree in a related field - preferably in engineering, business, mathematics, or economics
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description