Financial Systems Analyst at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is revolutionizing data analytics by providing a complete end to end, self-service platform that allows users to get from business questions to business answers at incredible speeds. Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
The Financial Systems Analyst will play a critical role in supporting our financial systems, mainly Callidus Commission, Callidus RevSym, NetSuite, and work closely with representatives from various departments within the organization.
This position is ideal for:
* Accountant who is good at systems in general and wants to make the switch to an IT career.
* Financial Systems Analyst/Administrator who has experiences with commission systems, revenue systems, and/or ERP systems.
* Someone who majored both in accounting and systems.
We are looking for someone who understands accounting and systems. We will provide training, but you have to be good with systems in general.
The position is in Irvine, CA. We support relocation.
* Act as the first line support for incoming requests and troubleshooting
* Perform maintenance tasks for monthly and annual commission cycles.
* Work with our integration team and 3rd party resources to enhance the systems.
* Support senior administrators by performing technical and administrative tasks
* Assist users in developing/refining their processes around the supported systems
* Research and resolve integration errors
* Support unit testing and user acceptance testing for new version releases and projects
* Ensure SOX compliance by properly documenting system changes and permission changes
* Support internal and external audit by providing requested data
* Constantly research and analyze all aspects of existing business practices and processes
* Communicate with other departments about common frustrations and issues that affect their work
* Maintain up to date knowledge of system functionalities, upgrades, customization and integration
* Ensure system compliance with Company policies, procedures and protocols for system standards, customizations and changes
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree – MIS, Computer Science or Accounting
* System Savvy – ability to find your way around the system NATURALLY. We can train you with knowledge, but you would be lost without this.
* Ability and willingness to learn new systems and skills
* Good people skills and positive attitude
* Commitment to complete projects on time
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred but Not Required:
* Previous exposure to commissions from either accounting or systems perspectives.
* Previous exposure to revenue recognition from either accounting or systems perspectives.
* Software industry experience
* Some accounting background
* Experience maintaining integration between multiple systems
* Experience working in Agile environment
* SQL, Excel, and Visio
* Previous experience working in a SOX environment is a plus
* Previous experience communicating with internal and external audit functions.