Financial Sales Consultant at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
This position can be done remotely for candidates who possess a SIE, Series 6 or Series 7.
What you will do
As a Retirement Consultant you will be part of our growing retail sales team and have the opportunity to earn a generous paycheck. The compensation package includes a base salary plus Incentive compensation. The incentive compensation component will be variable and tied to specific sales related goals set by Empower. At Empower, we believe in owning your career; new Retirement Consultants will have the opportunity to promote to a Senior Retirement Consultant providing greater opportunity and increasing your overall income potential.
- Cultivate relationships with our customers and provide them guidance to assist with making the right decisions about their retirement savings
- Educate our customers on information specific to their retirement plan and offerings
- Provide appropriate investment solutions to existing customers and help expand the acquisition of new customers
- Current licenses (FINRA Series 7 and 63) preferred.
- Remote working options available
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, preferably inside sales
- Current FINRA licenses and/or ability to successfully obtain FINRA 7 & 63 registrations within corporate-established timelines and complete FINRA fingerprinting upon hire
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to learn new information quickly and independently
- Demonstrated customer service, relationship management and sales skills
- Effective communication skills and comfortable interacting with others
- Problem-solving skills and ability to engage with customers, ask questions, share thoughts & offer solutions
What will set you apart
- Previous experience with inbound sales
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and prior experience with SalesForce a plus
- Good understanding of IRAs, retirement investment products/services and the qualified retirement plan environment
- A growth mindset to meet company and team sales goal
- Ability to advance your career and promote to a Senior Retirement Consultant
#finance, #sales, #retirement, #investment, #workfromhome, #financialservices, #series7
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 45,500.00-59,500.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.