Financial Reporting Consultant
Delivering an exceptional customer experience requires that we first seek to understand our customers, their business challenges and goals, then clearly communicate how Workiva's platform and technologies can help. This position serves as the technical and solution expert within the Sales team to assist in mapping a customer's needs to our application across multiple domain areas.
Working as part our high performance sales organization, the Financial Reporting Consultant will work alongside Regional Sales Directors to do discovery with customers, understand their business processes, identify areas where Workiva's technologies can help and provide software demonstrations tailored to their needs across a variety of solution areas related to financial and business reporting, compliance, ERM, SOX, Audit and more.
If you have an aptitude for learning technology, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
Location: This is a remote-based position requiring travel. We will hire 3 qualified candidates based near any major metropolitan airport in the Pacific Northwest, Central US, or Northeast. (Denver, Chicago, Dallas, Scottsdale, Philadelphia or Boston are ideal.)
What you'll do:
- Become an Expert - Build technical and application expertise of Workiva's innovative cloud-technology platform and the domain areas our customers adopt it to successfully reinvent their business processes.
- Work as a Team - Work with Regional Sales Directors as a pre-sales resource to engage customers and prospects via web or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process and identify areas where we can align Workiva solutions to address customer/prospect needs.
- Design Solutions – Using your problem solving skills, technology expertise and needs analysis, you will design an approach or business solution to meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Solution Demos - Develop and deliver compelling presentations of Workiva's technology platform to customers using standard or customized software demonstrations to provide proof of our technology's impact and compelling value proposition.
- Build Business Cases – Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva's value and ROI.
- Ensure Customer Success – Work with Workiva Client Services and Customer Success to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SAAS platform.
- Drive Innovation – Keep up on Workiva technology innovations as well as customer requirements to provide feedback loop on customer and market needs to our Product Management and Development groups.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years' experience in professional services, consulting, software sales and/or software demonstration experience required
- Big 4 Internal/External audit experience and/or SOX compliance experience in a publicly traded company required. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the oversight/management of the financial reporting process.
- Experience with risk assessments, deficiency management, and Audit Committee/Executive Management Reporting is highly desirable.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges. Knowledge of process improvement or process reengineering concepts a plus.
- Financial reporting, business reporting and analysis, and/or experience with business intelligence technologies, databases or data management platforms as well as accounting and finance business applications such as SAP, Oracle, Workday a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology required
- Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs and others.
- 50-70% travel to meet customers, internal trainings and attend conferences
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.