Financial Planning Specialist at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Position Title: Financial Planning Specialist
Personal Capital transforms how you understand, manage and grow your net worth. It starts with providing realtime information about your finances via state-of-the-art technology, and personalized, expert guidance to ensure you’re always moving towards your financial goals. With over $15 billion in assets under management, and over 2 million users of our free tools, Personal Capital is the smart way to manage your financial life. Personal Capital is looking for an individual to act as its Financial Planning Specialist - with the highlevel objective of providing Personal Capital clients with robust planning advice across a wide swath of Financial Planning topics. Candidates should be specifically interested in helping to develop a key role within Personal Capital focused on all things Financial Planning. Creating processes, reporting, client interaction campaigns, will be aspects of this role in addition to providing clients and advisors with robust advice & analysis. This position will be focused on supplementing the planning delivery ability, and capacity, of other Financial Planning focused queues, and will work with other Specialist team members as colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties will include:
- Managing a variety of Financial Planning Queues
- Providing robust analyses for a large variety of topics
- Advising clients on specific planning questions
- Acting as a ‘Pinch hitter’ within the Financial Planning Specialist Team Learning and understanding a wide variety of Financial Planning Topics
- Assisting with some or all of Personal Capital’s Financial Planning Specialist Queues
- Speaking directly with Clients & Prospects on Financial Planning Topics
- Helping to define Personal Capital’s ‘opinion’ or ‘philosophy’ on Financial Planning Topics
- Developing and driving campaigns to deliver Financial Planning assistance to a wider client base
- Training advisors on Financial Planning Topics
- Maintaining and expanding one’s Financial Planning expertise through a minimum of 3 continuing education programs annually.
- Helping to develop, improve and update deliverables for clients on various financial planning topics.
This role may evolve over time, including duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in the high/ultra-high net worth Financial Planning Space
- Comprehensive understanding of a wide variety of Planning Topics
- Prior successful customer service experience
- Experience with project management or process development
- Proven aptitude for significant attention to detail
- CLU, CFP or CFA Designation(s) a plus
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 73,000.00-120,500.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.