Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at Brilliant Earth
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a bright, motivated FP&A Manager to join our Finance department. As an FP&A Manager, you will perform complex financial analysis, and deliver reports to company leaders and executives to inform key strategic and operating decisions. This position will report to the CFO and will involve regular interaction with senior company executives and finance team personnel. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of making process improvements, exceptional attention to details and analytical skills, and can be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our business goals, as well as our social goals.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, update and improve the company’s budget and forecasts, including linkages between granular business drivers and financial statements
- Prepare and deliver annual, quarterly and monthly reporting of company performance vs. budget, including variance analyses
- Drive complex quantitative analyses to answer key strategic and operational business questions
- Review monthly financial reporting in conjunction with senior accounting personnel for accuracy and consistency with company reporting standards
- Support preparation of corporate reporting, including board reports
- Continually improve the quality and scalability of reporting and analysis including driving identification and implementation of new tools and processes
- Drive or assist with other ad hoc analyses as required
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role requiring Excel model building and analysis
- Prior work experience in corporate FP&A, investment banking, private equity or management consulting strongly preferred
- Experience building complex 3-statement financial models from the ground up, including dynamic linkages to granular business drivers
- Ability to think beyond the numbers - must be able to see connections between financials/data and business drivers, and draw strategic and operational insights from the performance of the business
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Strong oral and written presentation skills – ability to present to executive audiences in a concise and data-driven fashion
- Prior experience customizing financial reporting in an enterprise class ERP system preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and multitask to meet deadlines
- Outstanding time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required
Please note that the recruiting and onboarding process may be delayed for this position. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we continue to evaluate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. View our most recent COVID-19 related updates here.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits. We offer maternity and paternity leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to WorkLifeMatters, an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local law