Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at Brilliant Earth
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Brilliant Earth
We are seeking a bright, motivated FP&A Manager to join our Finance department. As an FP&A Manager, you will perform complex financial analysis, and deliver reports to company leaders and executives to inform key strategic and operating decisions. This position will report to the VP, FP&A and will involve regular interaction with senior company executives and finance team personnel. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of making process improvements, exceptional attention to details and analytical skills, and can be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our business goals, as well as our social goals.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, update, and improve the company’s budget and forecasts, including linkages between granular business drivers and financial statements
- Prepare and deliver annual, quarterly, and monthly reporting of company performance vs. budget, including variance analyses
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of cross-functional business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Partner with leaders across the organization to improve the efficiency and productivity of their operations via data- and KPI-driven reports and analyses
- Review monthly financial reporting in conjunction with senior accounting personnel for accuracy and consistency with company reporting standards
- Develop and design meaningful data visualization dashboards and reporting tools
- Support preparation of corporate reporting, including board reports and investor presentations
- Continually improve the quality and scalability of reporting and analysis including driving identification and implementation of new tools and processes
- Drive or assist with other ad hoc analyses as required
- Manage a team of 1-2 analysts
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role requiring Excel model building and analysis
- Prior work experience in corporate FP&A, investment banking, private equity, transaction/valuation advisory, or management consulting strongly preferred
- Experience building complex 3-statement financial models from the ground up, including dynamic linkages to granular business drivers
- Ability to think beyond the numbers - must be able to see connections between financials/data and business drivers, draw strategic and operational insights from the performance of the business, and work outside the typical scope of FP&A
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Oral and written presentation skills – ability to present to both executive and operational audiences in a concise and data-driven fashion
- Prior experience extracting and analyzing large data sets out of ERP systems; data transformation and business intelligence experience a plus (Alteryx, Tableau, Domo, Microsoft Power BI + Power Query, etc.)General understanding of GAAP
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and multitask to meet deadlines
- Outstanding time management skills and accountability
- Management experience a plus
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter / proactive curious mindset
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferred
What We Offer:
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. Our showroom teams offer a 1:1 appointment-based environment and engage with customers via email, chat, and phone, creating a luxury, omnichannel approach to the customer experience. In addition, our ground floor locations include a browsing area for walk-in customers. We strive to create a fun, educational, and relaxing experience in a personalized luxury environment!
We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.