Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst III - Operations at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst III – Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Support and lead quarterly and annual forecasts including budget processes, disclosure statement reviews, rate development and related analysis to support teams within Operations
- Pay attention to detail and be alert to business changes and how they might affect our budgets, rates and financials in the future and communicate timely.
- Perform detailed analyses of the financials, standard reporting packages and provide support to core business partners with ad hoc requests.
- Participate in and lead meetings with the business, Defense Contract Management Agency and Defense Contract Audit Agency in support of the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal and related audits.
- Access and retrieve information and data from various systems and reporting tools. Collaborate with IT and others to support improvements to systems, automate process flows and reports to facilitate distribution of actionable data.
- Support in preparation and review of capital investment or strategic opportunities for core business partners with financial modeling and business case development for executive communication.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other finance functions to understand monthly reporting and support accurate financial results and forecasts.
- Assist with the review of monthly results and providing summative analysis to management and core business partners in a timely manner.
- Support standardization of process flow and documentation within the finance function including for audit reviews.
- Assist with raising financial acumen within team and core business partners through training and communication.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through graduate level education or work-related experience.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment with deadlines to support the business.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling and Excel spreadsheets, preferred.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business topics.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and summarize data and make recommendations to the finance and Operations team.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.