Financial Analyst - 10/25/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Financial Analyst who will report to our Director of Finance, and will work closely with our VP of Finance, and get exposure to executive management (especially our VP of Operations, CEO, and Chief of Staff) to focus on helping us create transparency in how our business is measured and improved upon.
As our Financial Analyst, you will work to:
- Serve as the primary financial analysis support resource for our entire Operations team, ensuring our operations costs (incl. employee time-tracking) are tracked consistently at the project level, using NetSuite as source of record
- Contribute to ongoing tracking of our technology business’ revenue forecast, aligning our operations team’s installation calendar with our sales team’s progress
- Contribute to recurring financial reporting packages, especially regarding key COGS-related KPIs
- Work closely with our Accounting team to properly code / tag expenses
- Participate in monthly budget vs. actuals process, including communicating with budget owners, analyzing cost trends, and helping update cost projections
- Analyze key business trends and report findings to management, with particular emphasis on identifying opportunities for expense reduction
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
- 3-5 years of related experience (e.g. in FP&A, accounting, or similar analytical role, with particular emphasis on / knowledge of cost and/or management accounting)
- Strong NetSuite experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work productively in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinking prowess, with a keen ability to draw insights from raw data and to synthesize it into actionable findings
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO, but open to hybrid of in office and working remotely.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $80,000 - $90,000 depending on experience
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical – The company covers up to 85% of the premium of UHC Gold Choice Plus POS 1250 BP9K. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 25% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance – 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program – Provided through United Healthcare.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.