Financial Analyst at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect - improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are looking for a curious, capable and enthusiastic Financial Analyst to join our lean but mighty FP&A team at Uplight, a mission driven B-Corp poised for growth (BONUS POINTS if you are passionate about sustainability and planet conservation!). As a Financial Analyst on the team, you will partner with the Marketing department on budgeting, forecasting, headcount planning and monthly financial performance reporting vs. budget/forecast. You will also be partnering closely with other members of the FP&A team and Accounting to drive an accurate and timely financial close.
What you get to do:
- Lead the operating expense forecast, budget and monthly financial review process for various departments
- Develop or expand proficiency in NetSuite and PBCS financial systems
- Drive analysis and reporting on both headcount and operating expense line items
- Develop relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and business partners
- Manage, track, and report all headcount-related activity
- Implement process improvements and improve operational efficiency
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to drive actionable recommendations to leadership
- Review preliminary month-end results and propose journal entries to ensure accuracy of financial results
- Perform Reporting template maintenance on a monthly basis
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves a challenge, questions the status quo, thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a positive attitude. At Uplight, we also really care about the planet so if you are passionate about climate change and planet conservation, that is an added plus.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 2 years of FP&A experience
- Working knowledge of basic Accounting (understanding P&Ls, accruals, reclasses etc.) and GAAP
- Understanding of the 3 financial statements and how they relate to each other
- Strong foundational and fundamental Excel skills with a desire to learn more
- Approach tasks and processes with a critical, curious mindset and always asking “How can I make this better?”
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Netsuite/PBCS/Hyperion experience is a major plus
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $68,000 to $76,000 (dependent upon experience)
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.