Financial Analyst at Billtrust
The Financial Analyst position is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team that is responsible for providing granular data and analysis on business issues, planning, budgeting and forecasting across Billtrust. You will be working with various levels of management within the business units as well as corporate stakeholders to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, forecasting, and capital allocation to drive business results. You may serve as an assigned financial liaison for a designated business unit(s) or department(s). The Financial Analyst represents the finance point-of-view in helping the business make sound capital allocation decisions.
- Assist in revenue, expense, and cash flow projections
- Assist in business analysis including ROI, NPV and IRR
- Provide training to the finance/operational teams as assigned
- Compile and analyze all financial information for assigned business unit(s) and department(s)
- Assist in preparing and presenting monthly financial review package to management
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and long-range plans
- Carry out performance analysis and reporting
- Assist in budgeting, revenue and expense analysis, business trends analysis, and special ad hoc projects related to the designated business unit or Billtrust as a whole
- Work with business users to refine and improve current reporting and analysis, often performing ad hoc reporting to satisfy end-users
- Analyze actual results to understand variances and revise projections as appropriate
- Proven success as a financial analyst or related role with a software company or related industry preferably - 3+ years of experience preferred
- Working knowledge of standard financial statements and GAAP
- Strong Excel skills with experience in financial modeling
- Strong desire to learn required
- High level of integrity, ability to multi-task and a high level of tolerance for fast changing work environment
- Well-honed written and verbal communication skills combined with an approachable and collaborative attitude
- Knowledge of effective communication and presentation techniques for explaining complex financial issues and their underlying logic to various stakeholders
- Understanding of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software (e.g. Intacct) and enterprise performance management (EPM) software (e.g. Host Analytics) a plus
- Knowledge of common data visualization techniques and tools (e.g. Power BI) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred; in lieu of degree, relevant professional experience in financial analysis
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Remote Work: Ability to work from home to support your lifestyle with the option to commute to our Lawrenceville, NJ office in the future.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.