Financial Analyst at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Financial Analyst plays a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely reporting of business performance, as well as thorough and robust future financial forecasts. The role requires an individual who is comfortable working with raw, complex financial data and converting it into a simple format for key decision-makers to process. This FP&A function is one of the most highly visible and mission critical roles at Zayo; as such, we are looking for an intelligent, motivated financial analyst who can hit the ground running and add immediate value.
- Work across numerous teams and functions in order to prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, forecasting, and reporting of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals and initiatives.
- Inform decision-making and strategic planning activities, serve as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business.
- Design, implement, and manage processes and procedures to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of financial and business performance data that is the required foundation for effective finance analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (internal and external) of financial and operational business results and analysis.
- Assists with special projects, including M&A, strategic modeling, corporate finance & treasury.
- Other financial/operational analysis and duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other degree requiring analytical aptitude.
- 2-3 years of analyst experience that speaks to your consultative approach.
- Strong financial acumen, including knowledge of financial statements – P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow.
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet user – including pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs & sumproducts.
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint required, familiarity with Prophix, and Salesforce highly desired, but not required.
- Critical thinker who holds efficiency in the highest regard.
- Self-starter but able to collaborate across teams company wide.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload: role requires working extended hours (evenings and weekends, when necessary) to achieve results in a deadline driven environment.
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in an often stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.