Financial Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
Accounts Receivable role that is responsible for taking a relational approach to servicing our clients both internally and externally. Objective is to ensure efficient portfolio management from a financial and analytical approach.
- Collect and analyze accounts daily; tracking and applying credits and unapplied cash.
- Establish rapport and regular communication with clients to resolve open accounts receivables
- Resolve account receivable balances
- Perform account reconciliations
- Coordinate effective customer communications (internal and external); remaining supportive as well as gaining cooperation for prompt resolution. Provide a persistent but customer friendly approach; perform as an extension of sales and product owners.
- Identify and engage appropriate internal team members (Accounting, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Operations, and Sales) to resolve client questions.
- Present alternative approaches to resolve customer balances appropriately escalating for management discussion, payment plan proposals or write-offs.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management upon request as well as other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in business, finance, accounting, or a related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience
- Knowledge of accounts receivable processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Skill in time management, priority management, written and oral communications, decision making, presentations, human relations, and organization
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both internal and external clients.
- Skillful in reading and interpreting contracts
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others
- Solid working knowledge of a proper control and compliant environment
- Skillful in Excel and generating reporting for review and analysis
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.