DAT Software and Analytics is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance & Accounting team in Denver, CO.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be collaborating across multiple departments, doing analysis and building financial models to support external partnership initiatives and influence business decisions. While some repetitive functions come with the territory, we set a premium on the ability to perform thoughtful analysis and deliver insights to decision makers within the business.
- Outstanding skills in developing complex financial models based on well-defined assumptions to evaluate complex and ambiguous business challenges.
- Strong skills acting as a consultant to the business, with the ability to identify challenges and apply the best solutions for providing clarity.
- Proficient at using data visualization to surface insights and tell meaningful stories.
- A self-starter who is adept at managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Effective collaborator who will be a resource for several departments and proactively engage the constituents.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders across DAT, driving effective collaboration and business decisions through detailed analysis and an evaluation of the resulting financial impact.
- Support effective management decision making through thoughtful analysis and effectively communicated financial models and data visualization.
- Take a stance and formulate a data-driven opinion using the results of your analysis to drive and influence business decisions.
- Develop financial models to develop monetization strategies and analyze ROI on new and existing partnership initiatives.
- Work on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Maintain expert level of business functional knowledge and current technology.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from internal business partners and senior management in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy.
The Skills You’ll Need
- The primary technical requirement is advanced Excel ability. You must be proficient with pivot tables and lookup formulas and have experience developing complex financial models from scratch.
- Ability to construct a pro forma P&L, using financial modeling best practices to test business scenarios is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and reach defensible conclusions is required.
- Enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting principles (GAAP) is a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce reporting and CPQ / Billing is a plus.
- Knowledge of the logistics transportation industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with our toolstack is a plus: Excel PowerPivot, SQL, Python, Tableau, Hyperion, OLAP cubes, Business Objects, MS Great Plains, MS Forecaster.
- 5-10 years of experience in a highly quantitative role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field. MBA a plus.
(Colorado only) In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $85,000/yr + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in trucking, freight, and transportation supply chain logistics for 42 years. We wrote the book on freight automation, and continue to transform the industry year over year by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the deepest, broadest, most relevant data, and accurate insights, to help them make intelligent business decisions and successfully run their companies. We operate the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America, with 183 million freight matches in 2019, and a database of $118 billion of global shipment annual market transaction data. DAT Solutions is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered for this position.