Financial Analyst, MEP Business Unit
Trimble Inc. (www.trimble.com) a public company focused on positioning, laser, and optical technologies as well as engineering and construction software and services is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a discipline and strategic focus on begin the best. Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries. Due to geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow.
The Trimble MEP Business Unit, which is part of the Trimble Buildings Sector, is looking for a smart, hard-working Financial Analyst to work close with the Senior Financial Manager of North America, General Managers and other senior members of the MEP organization.
The Financial Analyst will have full P&L exposure within the MEP Division. This division is a fast growing, technology focused, dynamic business involved in software, hardware and professional services. The Financial Analyst will help review and report the relevant financial information to internal customers. Specifically, this role will help manage the P&L of at least one business area (potentially more) within the MEP division by providing financial planning and analysis (FP&A) including but not limited to modeling, analytics and ad-hoc requests. This role has exposure to the Senior Division Management team and will help to develop and execute strategic business decisions to drive success of business.
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the management of Trimble MEP Division with a focus on month-end close, bridges and variance analysis, modeling, and reporting of results.
- Report WW expenses by BU and help develop reporting to help senior management make informed decisions
- Develops P&L models and forecast quarterly and annual results
- Responsible for working with key stakeholders in the Division on key initiatives by modeling virtual P&Ls that allow for what-if scenarios
- Prepares, edits and maintains reporting elements provided to the management team
- Ensures that financial information is presented clearly, consistently, on time and to the right people in various regular and ad hoc financial reports
- Supports the Business Unit and Corporate Finance in special projects and participates in ad hoc analysis as needed
Requirements and Previous Experience:
- 2+years of experience in technology companies is required (software preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Detail oriented self-starter with solid analytical thinking and excellent communication skills
- Desire to create and improve processes and a think outside the box attitude to develop innovative solutions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and strong project management skills
- Experience in Oracle Financials and Cognos are a plus.
- “Roll up the sleeves” self-started with the ability to both dig into the details and think strategically
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D