Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Blue Canyon Technologies is looking for a talented full-time Financial Analyst who can bring innovative ideas to our fast-paced, growing environment.
- Lead the development and execution of annual and long-term financial reports for funded projects, focusing on the underlying business drivers, and key financial and operating metrics
- Prepare and report monthly financial metrics on various programs to the program managers
- Prepare and distribute recommendations on reporting, processes and analyses
- Assist in corporate financial close reconciliations and tasks, as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Financial modeling and analysis techniques in high growth organizations including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with senior business partners in a fast-moving business
- Highly analytical, exceptional attention to detail and strong business sense with an ability to balance multiple projects & processes simultaneously
- Financial Planning & Analysis and/or Program Finance experience in the Aerospace & Defense Industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including macros and dashboards
- MBA desired
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans
- Generous Paid Time Off: 3 weeks PTO, 80 hours Sick Time, 6 paid holidays and 3 additional floating holidays
- Beautiful new office space located in Boulder, CO
- This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or covered veteran status or any other protected factor.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.