At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Financial Accounting Manager – Fixed Assets
Perform Project Setup, Inventory Accounting, and Fixed Asset Accounting responsibilities for the Ball Aerospace Financial Accounting organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Fixed Asset Accounting function for the Ball Aerospace Financial Accounting organization.
- Review and approve fixed asset additions and retirements.
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and quarterly reconciliations of asset and lease accounts.
- Review and approve LVPA’s.
- Review monthly cashflow rollforward schedule and provide to financial accounting for input to HFM.
- Prepare and review various quarter end and year end schedules for 10Q and 10K.
- Work closely with facilities on project closeout and lease issues.
- Work closely with tax department on sales/use tax issues/audits.
- Develop BPL documents and keep updated, as required.
- Manage internal/external audit requests, i.e., Internal Audit, PwC, and SOX.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top accounting talent.
- Act as strategic “Teammate” to other Ball Aerospace Finance, SBU, and SSU organizations.
- Manage internal/external audit relationships.
- Adhere to Ball Aerospace Inspire, Connect, Achieve behaviors.
- Support Cost Point implementation – conversion of Fixed Asset accounting from JDE to Costpoint.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Financial Discipline (Accounting, FP&A, Audit, Contracts, consulting etc.) experience and/or leading teams/missions, with increasing responsibilities demonstrated throughout experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mission focused with a can-do attitude.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Prior Public Accounting or Internal Audit Experience preferred.
- Prior experience with Government contractor preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.