Financial Accounting Manager - Accounts Payable at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Financial Accounting Manager – Accounts Payable
Manage accounting, financial, and governmental compliance functions related to Accounts Payable and general accounting.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, train, integrate, motivate, and counsel Accounts Payable (AP) staff.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities of the Accounts Payable organization as well as related areas, ensuring accurate and timely recording and reporting of AP financial results, in accordance to established Company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership support for the department to foster collaborative work habits and engage and retain talent
- Measure work performed within the department, complete performance reviews and review and provide AP staff salary change recommendations to Financial Accounting Director.
- Monitor the financial systems used by AP and the interfaces between those systems to ensure accuracy of records and for identification and recommendation of procedural and process improvements.
- Address and/or direct the resolution of inquiries related to Accounts Payable from management, internal customers, auditors, and suppliers.
- Manage internal/external audit requests, i.e., Internal Audit, PwC, SOX, DCAA, DCMA, Sales/Use Tax audits.
- Ensure timely submission of AP related adjustments in support of the yearly preparation of cost claims for submittal to the government.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly or yearly management reports &/or financial reporting schedules.
- Present pertinent financial information to Management, including Executive levels.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries and account reconciliations &/or review and approve AJE's and reconciliations prepared by AP personnel.
- Ensure all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards is desired.
- Knowledge of Sales/Use Tax regulations.
- Possess sound analytical and decision-making skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and drive for results.
- Ability to inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieves results within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Deltek Costpoint
- Hyland OnBase
- Microsoft: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.