Finance Systems Manager at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
Success looks like
- Within one month, understand existing finance and accounting processes and how systems support
- Within 60 days,identify opportunities to refine processes and bring systems along to support
- Within 90 days; develop and manage roadmap to address opportunities that meaningfully progress SonderMind
- Manage SonderMind’s finance systems to drive impact
What you'll do
- Support the FP&A and Accounting teams by building and maintaining systems to support new and existing finance processes, including implementing and maintaining customizations of systems to meet evolving business needs
- Be responsible for data integration between finance systems and monitor data flows to ensure data is timely and accurate
- Implement high security standards, including setting and monitoring user roles and permissions
- Assist with system integration and functionality issues including engaging with vendor support for defect resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build necessary data infrastructure
- Leverage business process knowledge and expertise in finance and accounting to drive business process improvements
- Document and maintain current and new system process flows
- Develop, document and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity, change protocols, customization and usage
- Responsible for the change management and release process for finance systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of finance systems functionality, customization and integration
What you'll bring with you
- Communication- adept at influencing, negotiating, and building rapport with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels
- Proactivity- acts without being told what to. Brings new ideas
- Creativity/ Innovation- generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Honesty/Integrity-does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is expedient. Speaks plainly and truly
- Follow through on Commitments- lives up to written and verbal agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- 8+ years of experience with some combination of FP&A, financial systems, and financial modeling.
- Advanced understanding of NetSuite
- Experience leading financial system integration proejcts
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize competing business needs while delivering consistently high quality and timely work
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay transparency- starting salary range for this position is $100,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.