SonderMind is seeking a Finance Manager to assist in the development, socialization, and implementation of our competitive positioning and pricing strategy in new & existing markets. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating SonderMind’s current competitive landscape, formulating a pricing strategy, and making strategic recommendations based on data analysis, market research, and cross-functional feedback.
You will be a foundational member of the finance organization and work with our executive team on a regular basis to help shape our business strategy in new & existing markets.
As our ideal candidate, you have a growth mindset with previous experience in strategy, consulting, or investment banking. You enjoy thinking strategically, while also getting deep into the weeds and analyzing large data sets. You are highly resourceful, continuously question the status quo, and enjoy digging deep into public and private sources to find the relevant data sets (qualitative or quantitative) to support your recommendation.
In this role, you will add value with a data-driven approach—collecting & analyzing data, deriving insights, and coming up with creative solutions. You are excited about working cross-functionally across many different teams in the company to solicit feedback, gain alignment, and hit critical deadlines. You are an excellent communicator and enjoy presenting your results to senior leaders within the organization.
- Competitive Positioning: Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of the current landscape and analyze potential opportunities
- Holistic Pricing Strategy: Develop and maintain a strategic framework and financial model for analyzing both current and future pricing decisions
- ExecCutive Team Recommendations: Leverage data, market research, and team feedback, to develop recommendations centered around SonderMind’s growth targets
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Socialize and implement strategy & decisions cross-functionally, ensuring all functions are heard, considered, and looped in at appropriate points. Ensure pricing is implemented and managed in relevant tools
- Background in strategy, consulting, or investment banking
- Experience making data-driven decisions
- Comfort analyzing large amounts of data
- Tons of attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Healthcare experience
- Previous experience in a startup or high growth environment
This role can sit in any of these cities: Austin, TX, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Nashville, TN, Madison, Wi, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, and Seattle, WA
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary for this role is $100,000- $130,000. Actual title and pay are commensurate with experience and skills
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.