SonderMind is hiring a Finance Manager to support our growth. The Finance Manager will bring analytical rigor, financial discipline, financial management, and insight. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with the executive team, other directors, and managers within the company to build the future of finance at SonderMind.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you love math and datan, and know how to use it as a tool for decision making. You are an expert in Excel. You enjoy getting into the details of building a model, and are a strong communicator to translate those details into insightful commentary with peers and the organization. You are able to take complex problems and make them simple. You thrive on supporting others successes.
- Financial Modeling: Build and own detailed models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Financial Planning: Manage financial planning processes for various teams and parts of the company; this includes budgeting, long-range planning, and monthly discussions of financial performance.
- Financial Analysis: Provide analytical rigor and bring financial leadership to operational initiatives, and support the organization in making and evaluating trade-offs
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Partner closely with leaders to drive successful outcomes for their respective areas by leveraging your financial expertise to support and influence key strategic and product decisions.
- KPI Monitoring: Develop and monitor critical success and business performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders (e.g., build automated reports, evaluate various tactics, analyze unit economics, etc).
- Leadership: Be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Overhaul the financial model we use at SonderMind. Ensure the model is able to be used by the entire team, including the CFO and CEO; and provide your perspective on the drivers and how they adjust over time.
- Build out the model for determining the unit economics of SonderMind. Demonstrate its accuracy (+/-5%) and communicate actionable insights based on the model.
- Determine your area of specialization within SonderMind on two dimensions: pick-up a financial process, develop and own it from beginning to end (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, etc) and support the broader organization by picking an area to provide financial guidance and expertise (e.g. product planning, accounting, reporting, etc).
- 7-10 years of relevant experience within finance, ideally at a high-growth technology company. Investment banking, management consulting, and private equity experience are also valuable and will be considered.
- Demonstrated finance experience in the following areas:
- Experience developing and building financial models,
- Putting together financial analysis that is used to drive business decisions, and
- Understanding of how to develop and manage budgets.
- A proven track record of building strong, collaborative working relationships with business partners and other stakeholders; seen as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to adapt and adjust quickly: Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment.
- Know-how to make the complex simple: a proven track record of taking complicated problems or complex projects and making them clear and simple.
- Cross-functional communication and ways of working: know how to jump in and work well with people across a myriad of functions and levels.
Nice to Have
- Industry experience in mental health or healthcare more broadly.
- Experience in an early stage company.
- Experience at an investment bank and an operating company.
- This is a full time, exempt position
- Starting salary is $90,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.