Finance Manager at Pana
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:42 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
We have an opportunity for a resourceful and diverse finance professional to become a core contributor to the health and growth of our business.
In partnership with our outsourced bookkeeping firm, you’ll be responsible for managing a wide-range of finance and accounting needs, including ownership over accurate and useful historical financial reporting, successful month-end closes, seamless AR and AP workflows, and an efficient tax, compliance, and 3rd-party audit program.
You will also facilitate effective finance relationships with our customers, ensuring both they and Pana have the information and systems needed to have a productive billing relationship. Additionally, you will oversee the management of our internal travel payments system, which processes over $40M of travel transactions per year.
Finally, as one of our first finance hires, your input will be valuable in key strategic decisions, and your work will heavily influence the quality and impact of those conversations. You will manage budgeting and pro forma financial modeling to guide effective decision-making about the future.
This is a truly unique opportunity for someone to embark on a career-transforming journey. As such, it is going to require a truly unique individual to do it well; we suggest you read this blog post and ensure you’re a “whole-body” YES to everything in it before applying.
In return, we offer full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and a chance to change the face of travel.
- Build and maintain pro forma financial models and budgets.
- Manage a process to deliver timely and useful historical financial reporting.
- Manage an effective AP and AR program.
- Run a seamless tax, compliance, and audit program.
- Work with our product and engineering teams to ensure that our customers have a clear and seamless payment experience on our product.
The Typical Day
- Discuss last month’s financial performance with the CEO and brainstorm strategies to improve gross margin.
- Prepare slides on our growth rate, burn rate, and allocation of spend for next week’s boar meeting.
- Suggest improvements to our travel purchasing infrastructure to improve the automatic reconciliation of Uber rides taken by our customers.
- Spend time on the phone with a customer advising how they can use Pana’s reporting capabilities to bill travel to individual cost centers.
- At least 5 years of experience in a finance function, preferably at a small organization or fast-growing early-stage company
- Ideally a diverse set of experiences across all finance and accounting disciplines
- Strong proficiency in accounting processes (while you won’t be doing our bookkeeping, you will be owning the relationship with our accounting firm.)
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Denver (we're in RiNo!).
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
Read Full Job Description