Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Finance & Investment Manager – Global Energy
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is seeking a Finance & Investment Manager passionate about climate change, technology, policy, renewables development and international business. You will be part of a team of Global Energy professionals working closely with Prologis real estate teams to bring new offerings and programs to markets in the 19 countries where we operate.
As the world’s largest logistics real estate provider, we are uniquely positioned to support the transition to distributed energy technologies and the electrification of transport. We currently host ~250MW of rooftop solar, have ~100MW in development, and are rapidly scaling our solar program while concurrently expanding our business into adjacent verticals including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, and carbon offsets.
You will report into the Global Energy team which is working at the cutting edge of clean energy solutions. You will help underwrite investments, create and run financial models, evaluate market policy and incentives, help with business strategy, support sales and development efforts all with the goal of scaling our business significantly. We already have 250MW of solar at our buildings, we want to get that number over 600MW in the next 5 years while also building out complementary offerings. To do so you will work closely with the groups throughout the 19 countries where Prologis operates. This position provides unparalleled access to build the largest portfolio of onsite commercial energy assets globally.
What you will do:
- Prepare pro-formas including discounted cash-flow models and related analysis to support capital requests and program approvals.
- Assist in transaction research and structuring in support of market entry or expansion. Work with local and global team members in energy, capital deployment, legal, tax, accounting, etc. to prepare memos for Executive Committee approval.
- Research government policy, incentives, project finance optionality, technologies and service vendors.
- Build business cases including proformas to forecast after-tax earnings and value creation.
- Manage operational review to evaluate investment performance, make recommendations to improve underwriting procedures, development practices and operating protocols.
- Own tracking and reporting of programs, including creating and maintaining project budgets, data tracking and reporting (e.g. ESG, insurance, etc.), and provide heavy support of department financial planning and analysis.
- Provide ad-hoc support for projects as assigned, including proposal and presentation creation, customer problem solving, contract review, vendor management, and procurement.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, customers, partners and external parties such as counsel, equity investors, EPCs and technology & services providers.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiation of contracts, vendor payments including review of invoices and change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Energy, Policy or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in investment banking, finance, real estate or renewable energy.
- Highly comfortable with investment analysis and accounting concepts, expert in Excel.
- Experience in solar, storage, electric vehicle, renewable energy, and energy markets.
- High attention to detail, solid judgment, strong ethics and ability to clearly and concisely present complex information.
- Adaptable, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude to drive efficiency and speed.
- Comfort with deadlines, competing priorities, and ambiguity.
- Experience with reading, drafting and modifying transaction documents a plus.
- Passion for environmental sustainability, policy and technology solutions and interest in construction and development.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time.
Hiring Salary Range of $100,000 - $140,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Additional Locations:Baltimore-Columbia Office, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington