Greater Denver Area
We have an opportunity for a resourceful and diverse finance professional to build the foundations of successful finance practices at Pana.
You’ll be responsible for financial reporting, pro forma financial modeling, building streamlined processes for critical finance and accounting workflows, and managing a seamless tax, compliance, and audit program.
As our most-senior dedicated in-house finance leader, you’ll have an important seat at the table for important strategic decisions, and your work will heavily influence the quality and impact of those conversations. You’ll be asked to deeply understand the dynamics of our business and think critically and cross-functionally about how we can accomplish more with our resources. You’ll also be responsible for running the KPI infrastructure for tracking, understanding, and learning from the past and current performance of all business functions.
Finally, you will build an effective combination of direct reports, outsourced service providers, and software to meet the company’s finance and accounting needs.
This is a truly unique opportunity for someone to embark on a career-transforming journey. As such, it is going to require a truly unique individual to do it well; we suggest you read this blog post and ensure you’re a “whole-body” YES to everything in it before applying.
In return, we provide full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and a chance to change the face of travel.
- Build and maintain pro forma financial models and budgets that guide effective strategic decision making.
- Advise and participate in key strategic investment decisions.
- Manage a seamless tax, compliance, and audit program.
- Manage data and analytics operations.
- Manage a process to deliver timely and useful historical financial reporting.
- Work with our product and engineering teams to ensure that our customers have a clear and seamless payment experience on our product.
- Manage critical finance and accounting operational workflows.
The Typical Day
- Meet with our sales leader to understand the last 3 months of sales performance data and discuss where we invest resources in the next couple of quarters.
- Run a modeling scenario demonstrating the impact of investing $1.5M in engineering resources to improve our gross margin.
- Answer board questions on our proposed budget for FY20.
- Resolve blockers and answer questions from our out-sourced book-keeping firm to close out last month’s financials.
- At least 10 years of experience in a finance function, preferably at a small organization or fast-growing early-stage company.
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling for enterprise software businesses.
- Comfortable “getting your hands dirty” in finance and accounting operations when needed.
- Experience making strategic business decisions based upon cross-functional inputs.
- Ideally been responsible for establishing key finance and accounting practices in a growing organization.
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Denver (we're in RiNo!).
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
Read Full Job Description