Executive Director, Investor Relations
CSG is seeking a proactive and dynamic Executive Director of Investor Relations to oversee a world-class investor relations function. Reporting to the Chief Investor Relations and Communications Officer, this leader is responsible for developing and executing the global investor relations program. This individual will build relationships with the investment community, communicate the company's strategies and actions, maximize the pool of potential investors, and ensure that the company's shares are accurately valued in the market. The successful candidate will become a primary spokesperson for CSG and will work in partnership with executives to develop and drive a comprehensive investor relations plan.
Collaborates with the IRO in developing and executing the IR strategy, operating plans, budget, and global IR program. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and update investors and security analysts about the company to achieve a fair relative stock price. The program must accurately represent and reflect the company.
- Directs and executes the collection, analysis, and presentation of investors’ perceptions and opinions; brokerage security analysts’ positions and summaries; relative stock price movements; and, periodic ownership analysis. In conjunction with the CIRO, responds to related questions from the senior leaders and Board of Directors.
- May serve as leader for the company’s disclosure policy and member of the Disclosure Policy Group; and, serve as needed as member of the M&A team, including but not limited to M&A research and analysis.
- Collaborates with Public Relations, Advertising, Brand Management, Marketing, and Internal Communication on communication-and-media strategy, operating plan, key messages, integration and consistency of messages and efforts, product sharing, and support to operating employees for strategic communication.
Investor Relations Strategy & Planning:
- Collaborates with the CIRO on the development and execution of the IR strategy, operating plan, and budget.
- Educates and updates investors and analysts to include:
- Creating value-driver-based investment messages in collaboration with CIRO.
- Finds, supports, and encourages prospective investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, presentations, meetings, media, and mailings.
- Uses statistical targeting to identify good-fit institutional investors; contacts analysts to verify possible interest or encourage interest and investment.
- In collaboration with the CIRO, support the investors’ decision-making processes through visits to institutions, individual meetings, visits by analysts and investors to company plants, and visits with appropriate other senior leaders.
- Contracts for and directs the capital markets database and intelligence system that supports the investor relations program.
- Serves as point of contact for assisting sell-side and buy-side analysts with the financial modeling of the company. Maintains up-to-date records of financial analyst targets, including consistency and accuracy of financial targets as reported by external sources.
- Creates or assists in presentations, publications and electronic media used in the IR program, including but not limited to:
- Quarterly results, scripts and FAQs and other news releases
- SEC filings: Executes webcasts, usually in conjunction with conference calls and investment conference presentations. Contracts for webcasts.
- Supports the IR website archive of historical information for investors.
- Collaborates with CIRO on presentations and discussions of the IR program, including serving as speaker at:
- Presentations at broker-sponsored/company-hosted conferences and meetings
- Discussions with analysts
- Collaborates with CIRO in analysts’ discussions with Chairman and CEO to verify understanding of strategy and direction
- Supports visits by the CIRO and other senior leaders to institutional investors
- Helps procure and prepare security analysts to present at internal company meetings
- Manages outside agency(s) who survey analysts and investors for their opinions and perceptions about the company. Develops the graphic presentation of the survey results. In the absence of the IRO, presents the formal findings to the senior leaders and the Board of Directors.