eCommerce Financial Systems Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corporation, which enables and commits us to put our values into action.
We are seeking an eCommerce Financial System Manager to help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
The Information Systems team at Uplight is looking to fill a newly created manager position to administer the back end systems that support eCommerce. The eCommerce Financial Systems Manager will be responsible for the administration, designing, and building of our systems in order to facilitate the timely fulfillment of orders and accurate reporting and billing. This position will administer our current OMS solution, partner integrations, and be a key stakeholder in the design and implementation of our marketplace platform development. Working closely with the eComm Ops, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Reporting, and Finance teams, this position will be high visibility and an integral part of the success of our eCommerce platform
What you get to do:
The information systems team supports many areas of the business and is responsible for administering several systems and their data integrity. Our workload is a mix of daily operational support and special projects, all with the goal of helping our clients succeed by providing them with accurate reports and high-quality data. We are a local team, currently working remotely, with members in Denver and Boulder.
As the eCommerce Financial Systems Manager, you will be working daily with many teams, both internal and external, to support all back end systems and processes that support our eCommerce platform (SalesForce Commerce Cloud), which is primarily our current OMS solution (NetSuite) and the integrations to and from. This position is unique in the fact that it requires constantly zooming in and out from troubleshooting individual orders to big picture, organizational level strategy.
What you will contribute:
- Manage a technical team of business analysts responsible for backend system administration and data integrity of our eCommerce platform
- Responsible for fully understanding the end to end functionality of the entire eCommerce platform value stream
- Building and maintaining system and process documentation for all site features and functions
- Creating an environment for proper financial controls
- Compliance and vulnerability remediation
- Partner with stakeholders to define new hardware/software requirements
- This position will be focused on eCommerce but may be asked to extend expertise across the business.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years experience in eCommerce, systems, and/or financial roles
- Deep understanding of the resulting financial impact of all eCommerce operational decisions
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, prioritization, and communication skills
- Ability to drive action across many different groups
- Ability to quickly understand and analyze a complex system schema.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills across many different functional groups
- Passion for cross-functional work across many teams and working styles
- Experience road mapping to SOX compliance
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.