Director of Tax at Ibotta
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to lead Ibotta’s Tax initiatives as Director of Tax to contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Manage strategic tax projects for the entire company, supporting the development of best-in-class processes for tax reporting, compliance, and planning
- Manage the preparation and review of the federal income tax provision and filing of tax return
- Ensure proper ASC 740 tax accounting and SEC reporting disclosures
- Partner with leaders cross-functionally, advising on tax law and documentation preparation
- Implement process improvements, enhancing operational efficiencies, and oversee the tax control environment.
- Research and analyze the impact of new tax legislation and impact to the business
- Identify tax planning opportunities and manage all tax compliance matters
- Manage review of quarterly and year-end provision by external auditors
- Ensure quality control standards are met
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years of experience in Accounting, including 3+ years managing a Tax function
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or similar certification required
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP accounting for income taxes
- Experience partnering with senior leadership
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $140,000-$160,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.