At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing solutions that support their paths to success. Our core SaaS software platform runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate the transition to technology adoption.
Housecall Pro was founded in 2013 and has raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date. With over 200 employees in the US, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021
The role: Director, Payment Risk and Fraud Operations
Every day, thousands of home service professionals rely on Housecall Pro’s integrated payment processing solutions to get paid quickly and easily. As Director, Payment Risk and Fraud Operations you will be responsible for protecting Housecall Pro from financial losses, while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience. This includes enhancing existing risk and fraud policies and procedures; establishing processes to identify emerging threats and implementing strategies to protect against them; developing an analytical framework and reporting capabilities to optimize operational and financial performance; and expanding the team and organizational resources to facilitate scale.
The person we are looking for wakes up everyday excited about being THE subject matter expert in payment risk and fraud, and always staying one step ahead of the next threat. They have experience developing comprehensive policy frameworks to mitigate risk and a passion for building high-performing teams to execute against them. They excel at processing large amounts of information quickly and are comfortable making high-impact, data-driven decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage, monitor, train, and coach risk managers and team leaders who oversee daily execution of payment risk and support functions in accordance with policy.
- Design, build, and optimize the organizational structure, onboarding, and training resources that facilitate operational excellence at scale.
- Understand, enhance, and maintain the current risk management and underwriting policies and procedures, and ensure that they align with business objectives, company mission, and government regulations.
- Develop detailed payment risk and fraud policy and procedure documentation
- Define and maintain a process to identify emerging risk threats and process gaps, and implement effective fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Establish key performance metrics at department and individual levels, and create a framework for real-time measurement and monitoring.
- Produce daily / weekly / monthly reporting and key performance dashboards for departmental leaders and senior management to understand current threats, emerging risks, and financial and operational performance.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal risk management tools.
- Increase efficiency and performance of risk and fraud functions by working with analytics and engineering to improve existing models and develop new algorithms.
- Verify that controls are in place for each type of risk, and evaluate the effectiveness of each control through regular testing and monitoring.
- Relevant undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution.
- 7+ years of experience in payments risk management within the Fintech or financial services industries with an emphasis on fraud and credit risks.
- 3+ years of management experience with a proven ability to hire, grow, and develop future leaders.
- Deep subject matter expertise in payments and/or transaction processing risks, internal controls and audit procedures, and credit and debit payment systems.
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of risk policy such as fraud detection and prevention, balancing customer experience against rising fraud threats, using data to draw insights for risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues.
- Track-record of using a data-driven approach to continuous innovation against fraud and collectibility of unexpected losses.
- Experience drafting clear and detailed policy and procedure documentation
- Intermediate/advanced financial modeling (Excel) skills
Why Housecall Pro
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.