Director of FP&A at Scaled Agile, Inc.
At Scaled Agile ( www.scaledagile.com), our mission is to help large enterprises build agility into their culture so they can quickly identify and deliver customer value, capitalize on emerging opportunities, and improve business outcomes by adopting Lean-Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
From its headquarters in Boulder, CO, Scaled Agile supports over half a million SAFe practitioners through training, certification, consulting services, and a global partner network that reaches more than 65 countries. As a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to do the same.
The Director of FP&A will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the execution of all aspects of the strategic & financial planning processes, delivering comprehensive analysis and financial reporting to support Scaled Agile in attaining near and long-term financial goals.
What’s in it for you?
As our first Director of FP&A you will own the entire process including revamping the financial model that runs the business. You’ll have the autonomy and the encouragement to bring lessons learned to the entire process from projections, annual plan, operating plan process, and selecting a new accounting system. Your work will be highly visible to senior leadership, our investment partners and the board.
In this role, you’ll get to collaborate with whip-smart coworkers at all levels within the company, including the founders. You’ll be part of an Agile accounting team and use SAFe to ensure you’re working on the right things that align with team and company goals, and contribute to everyone’s success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive alignment on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business results and evaluate the health of the business
- Manage our Regional strategic and financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts
- Lead and implement financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting dashboards for executives and Board of Directors-analyze financial results, distilling and synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk and operating performance, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Manage the overall operation and effectiveness of the FP&A function
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- 7 + years of FP&A experience in a Sr. Director, Sr. Manager and or Director level role
- A proven leader with the business acumen to translate findings into actionable recommendations and a proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes
- The EQ, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build consensus and drive strategic projects to completion.
- A knack for making the complex simple, the ability to challenge the status-quo and drive continuous improvement
- Develop strong collaborative relationships and manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Comfortable with frequent senior leader interaction; this position is highly visible so absolute focus on details, strong communication and executive presence are paramount
- Have an ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated team leadership experience, including managing, building and recognizing high performing teams with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles
- Be data and results oriented with experience in complex business models, metrics and KPIs
- Experience with financial systems including Salesforce and general ledger system
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA / advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in the technology / education industries would be helpful
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in Boulder which has decks, windows, and amazing views of the Flatirons.
Why Scaled Agile?
We’re a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they operate to deliver innovative business solutions to their customers. We're profitable, we're Agile.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business, we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a portfolio link, and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit (yes, we still read cover letters).