Director of Financial Reporting at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the full execution of quarterly and annual external financial reporting, including preparation, full tie-out and review. This role will also have primary responsibility over the research and documentation of technical accounting issues and will have key responsibilities related to the Company’s internal reporting functions. This role will also have ownership over critical financial controls. The Director of Financial Reporting will take ownership of their duties and will be a key member of a growing accounting team working to increase the speed of the monthly close and provide timely and accurate information for internal and external stakeholders.Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the external financial reporting process, working in coordination with the Controller, senior leadership, and SEC Counsel, prepare, review, and tie out quarterly external financial reports, including the preparation and execution of XBRL tagging
- Analyze financial statements and other financial information for consistency and accuracy
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual disclosure checklists to ensure GAAP and SEC disclosures are complete and accurate
- Take ownership of the Company’s technical accounting function, including researching and documenting relevant accounting principles, conclusions, and accounting policy changes
- Help oversee the implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist in the review of more complex accounting areas, such as stock-based compensation, leasing, equity, cash flows, revenue recognition, investments, etc.
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of accounting policies
- Perform and take ownership of key controls related to the financial reporting processes
- Manage financial reporting and technical accounting personnel
- Serve as a resource to those within and outside the accounting department, helping them to understand the nature of external reporting and the importance of precision and timeliness
- Prepare and analyze accounting records and financial statements to assess accuracy and completeness and adherence to US GAAP requirements
- Assist with the regular audits and reviews by external auditors
- Take ownership of controls under your purview
- Keep up to date on accounting knowledge
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
- Previous experience leading the financial reporting function at a public company
- Minimum of five years experience in public accounting working with public clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- Expertise in US GAAP, SEC regulations, and Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Works with purpose and a sense of urgency; deadline focused and commitment driven; strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent initiative and ability to analyze, question and summarize data for decision making
- Detail oriented professional who takes pride in exactness of support and consistency in presentation
- Experience interacting and communicating clearly and effectively with upper management, audit committee, and operations personnel
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and the manipulation of large data sets
- Proficient in written communication, with a drive for clear, understandable, and consistent reports
- Aptitude to be responsive and helpful, both within the department and to other departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, with a desire to identify and own regular improvements
- Masters degree in accounting or MBA is preferred
- Prior experience in manufacturing or aerospace is preferred
- Prior experience with Workiva SEC reporting software is preferred
The Base Salary Range for this position is $180,000-$220,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.