Director Financial Planning & Analysis at Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join a growing SaaS and software company that is at the center of video streaming industry. The Director of FP&A will oversee company-wide financial planning and forecasting, including monthly, quarterly, annually, multi-year forecasts, and annual business planning for growing SaaS company. Candidate will lead P&L -level cadences to provide financial support, strategic guidance, and insights that enable executive management to make informed future decision-making. The position will also assist in various projects that support the finance department’s goals and overall company growth. Role is a member of the Leadership Team and reports to the Vice-President of Finance.
- Lead key financial processes, including long-term and rolling forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others
- Build commentaries and insights for decision support and key financial results
- Develop new (and improve existing) processes relating to strategic planning / financial planning / reporting based on a deep understanding of business KPIs / drivers
- Support and refine the metrics to track our function-specific and company-wide trends, find opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate across all levels
- Have a highly collaborative approach and the ability to interact with leadership and board members
- Support ad hoc projects (including strategic planning, corporate strategy, unit economics, business case development) and help define systems and improvements to support growth ambitions
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and financial planning
- Understand how to operate in and improve upon systems and reporting using Adaptive Insights
What We Are Looking for
- 10+ years experience in financial analysis, corporate accounting or public accounting
- 8+ years experience in FP&A supporting a high-growth organization
- Ability to make decisions, work under pressure and the capacity to use good judgment in critical situations.
- Working knowledge with SaaS / Software experience preferred and a strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Larger ERP (Intacct a plus) and advanced technical expertise across Microsoft Office, and Business Intelligence tools
- M&A assessment/integration experience a plus
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.6 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.