Company. What we are building:
Skupos drives revenue growth across all segments of the convenience retail industry through technology that connects both retailers and brands to their shoppers. With a focus on independent stores and small chains which make up nearly 80% of the market, the Skupos platform enables both retailers and brands to compete through better understanding and serving their customers. Founded in 2016, a growing network of 14,000+ customers across all 50 states rely on Skupos to boost sales volume and increase their customer base.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
The Director, Finance will provide insight, leadership, and judgment in identifying and executing long-term value creation strategies for Skupos. They will partner with leaders across all operating areas to drive exceptional near-term operating performance and achievement of plans. The Director, Finance will be a trusted advisor to the CEO, board, executive team, and other critical internal and external constituencies. They will provide clear focus and priorities, communicate these effectively to stakeholders, and allocate resources to support a coordinated set of actions to achieve our goals.
In addition to the above, the Director, Finance is responsible for GAAP reporting, annual audit procedures, financial systems and internal controls, investor relations, supporting the board and management decision making with insightful reporting on the operating and financial progress of the business, leading forecasting and budgeting processes, accounting, strategic finance and analysis, and tax.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a senior business partner to Founder and CEO, Jake Bolling.
- Own all financial aspects of the organization from FP&A through Accounting, Strategic Finance, etc. Leverage these functions to build and manage a long-term plan for the business capable of enabling continued growth at scale.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize the appropriate financial systems, tools, and resources required to support all of the financial planning, management, and reporting needs of the business.
- Work across the executive team to develop robust KPIs for Skupos’s functional leadership. Capture financial measures and metrics that will help functional leaders manage the day-to-day of their organizations and be aligned with the operating plan. Work with Jake to help manage the team to these metrics.
- Help Skupos uncover and size new opportunities and modify the plan accordingly in an efficient manner.
- Act as the accountability hub for financial goals and ROI by department; define clear targets on what is good and under what time horizon.
- Build and hire a cohesive and diverse finance team at all levels.
Skills. We are looking for:
- A business-oriented strategic executive with a strong financial and operational grounding.
- Operates with integrity, intelligence, and confidence. They have a strong point of view when working with the CEO and other members of the executive team. They are viewed by the executive team as a trusted partner in making key strategic and financial decisions.
- Honest, straightforward, and effective communicator. They inspire confidence internally and externally, at all levels, that Skupos will conduct business fairly with employees, customers, and partners. They are able to translate complex financial issues into easily understood business decisions for all types of audiences. They never avoid tough conversations.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, tact, and executive maturity. This includes a high level of confidence and self-awareness in the face of adversity, and the ability to help the team effectively navigate issues both large and small.
- Outstanding leader. They have a track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others in a performance-driven culture. They are a credible teacher and coach, and lead with transparency and integrity.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity about how things work, from strategy to details. They are also a doer, quick to roll up their sleeves and become involved in the details of the business
Experience. Candidates should have:
- Experience in a SaaS hyper-growth start-up preferred.
- 8+ years of finance experience with 5+ years FP&A experience is ideal.
- CPA or CFA certification is a bonus.
- Familiarity with managing a CRM.
- Track record of successful execution of core finance business functions including compliance, controls, accurate data, and systems integration.
- Expertise in FP&A, including multi-year looks on the business; experience with business scenario planning, leveraging upside, managing risk and fixed cost containment.
- Have driven or been a key business partner in fundraising for venture backed companies.
- Diversity of experience - they have held different finance roles at more than one company.
- Operating experience outside of the finance function encompassing technology, legal, GTM, etc
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in Denver, CO: $175,000-$185,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
As of July, our physical office spaces have reopened on a voluntary basis. Our Skuad members are allowed onsite if they are fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final vaccine dose). That being said, we will continue to manage our interview process virtually, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance.
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let the People Team know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - we are in your corner!