Director, Business Tax at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary purpose of the position: Responsible for the oversight of all income tax matters for the company’s Aerospace, Aerosol Packaging, and Aluminum Cups businesses and also will manage special projects impacting tax for the entire company.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Manages tax-related financial statement reporting for the subject businesses.
- Manages all tax compliance matters for the subject businesses.
- Identifies tax planning opportunities for the subject businesses.
- Advises management of the subject businesses regarding all tax-related matters.
- Oversees strategic tax projects impacting the company as a whole.
- Coordinates with the Director, Tax Administration and Compliance to ensure timely and accurate preparation of all tax-related financial statement reporting for the subject businesses.
- Coordinates with the Director, Tax Administration and Compliance and outside service providers as needed to ensure timely filing of complete and accurate income and indirect tax returns for the subject businesses.
- Manages tax controversy matters for the subject businesses.
- Identifies and implements tax planning strategies to minimize income, indirect, and other related taxes for the subject businesses which are consistent with all non-tax business objectives.
- Advises management of the subject businesses regarding the impact of proposed and newly-enacted tax legislation, tax-related court decisions, and the issuance of any new authoritative tax guidance.
- Reviews all major transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, geographic expansion, financing, and other discrete business projects) associated with the subject businesses to ensure optimal tax outcomes.
- Manages various strategic tax projects for the entire company, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and supporting the development of best-in-class processes for tax reporting, tax compliance, and tax planning.
Professional & Education Qualifications:
- 10 years or more of relevant job experience
- Undergraduate degree
- CPA or JD
- Masters in Taxation or JD LLM, preferred
- Big 4 experience, preferred
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to independently conduct technical tax research; to appropriately document all findings and conclusions; and to effectively communicate the results of the research to relevant non-tax personnel
- Ability to think strategically and engage in day-to-day tactical details – highly motivated and organized, takes ownership of projects, detail oriented, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, able to manage tight deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of US corporate income tax law, including the ability to interpret and apply tax statutes and other relevant tax authority to a variety of different business situations
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP accounting for income taxes
- Working knowledge of the following areas: foreign direct and indirect tax concepts, US sales and use tax, US property tax law, and corporate finance
- Working knowledge of Corptax or other similar tax software packages
- A general understanding of financial information systems, including general ledger, consolidation, fixed asset and tax compliance software
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 132,500 - 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 15
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans