Director of Budgets & Rates - Financial Planning & Analysis at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Director of Budgets & Rates – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do:
- Overall responsibility to lead budget and rate development, process and team for Ball Aerospace.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and collaborative relationships with all Company levels, leaders and customers, Budgets and Rates (B&R) team, and Director of FP&A for Ball Aerospace.
- Team leader with capability to develop and maintain goal development and execution in alignment with Finance and Company goals.
- Ensure adequate staffing and growth of existing staff.
- Responsible for the development, approval and application of the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP).
- Responsible for current, accurate and complete budget and rate scenarios, both the analyses and communication to Executive Leaders.
- Work with the business to develop efficient and effective rate pools that align with disclosure statements.
- Influence desired outcomes with stakeholders.
- Key interface with DCMA and DCAA on Forward Pricing Rates.
- Be a strategic thought leader, recommend and implement disclosed rate pool structures.
- Increase value and efficiency, while reducing waste and risk.
- Increase financial acumen of the Team and within the Company regarding rate and budget management.
- Responsible for understanding Finance within a US Government contractor:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Finance lead of B&R tools, process, procedures, and work instructions.
- Responsible for FP&As B&R role in audits:
- Federal business systems: Estimating, Accounting, Earned Value Management
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Support disclosure statement(s) updates and cost impact assessments.
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve results within a team environment.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost principles and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience with DFARS Business Systems.
- High level of leadership and management skills to set direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce accountability.
- Must have demonstrated ability to identify talent, give sufficient autonomy and accountability, and build a highly functioning team.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and execution excellence, using strong financial and business management skills.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Preferred tool knowledge:
- Budget and rates tools
- Workday Adaptative Planning
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.