Director, AR & Billing at Four Winds Interactive
As one of the leaders on our Accounting Team at Four Winds Interactive, the Director of AR & Collections, you will be responsible to lead a team of collection specialists to ensure targeted collection goals and objectives are met. This position requires someone who is collaborative, detail oriented, and innovative. To be successful in this role, it will require someone who has a go-getter personality with proven track records on driving results and have a passion to grow and develop his/her team. He or she is also creative and a self-starter who looks across the entire enterprise for opportunities to optimize the AR function.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the collections team (including the international team) to drive quality and efficiency.
- Manage collections activities by identifying, resolving, and mitigating payment delinquencies in a timely manner.
- Seek business support, as needed, to resolve customer issues in a prompt manner.
- Establish and document policies, procedures, and best practices for the team.
- Define and measure critical metrics and KPI’s (i.e., DSO) that accurately reflect operational and financial performance of the team.
- Monitor and review outstanding Accounts Receivable balance.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports and updates on collection risk and A/R aging.
- Ensure there is always a sufficient information flow among the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assess risk and provide support for Allowance for Doubtful Accounts booking and Write-Off entries.
- Support the monthly and quarterly financial close by providing timely and accurate reporting and audit support.
- Ensure existing systems are operating effectively, and any new systems are designed to optimize resources and automate manual processes.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e., Legal, Sales, Customer Success, and Renewal teams) to support and improve the collections process.
- Partner with business leadership and maintain a collaborative working relationship to achieve accounts receivable collections goals and minimize overdue balances and bad debt losses.
- Be the AR Lead for M&A systems integration (i.e., Lead-to-Cash process, best practices, etc.).
- Lead and/or assist with ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Coach, develop, and mentor team members.
- Promote staff development, including leading and mentoring staff regarding Collections best practices, customer service, organizational skills and leadership development.
- Provide coaching and performance feedback through one-on-one meetings, staff meetings and other communication as appropriate.
- 7+ years of experience in collections/accounts receivable with 5+ years of leading/managing employees
- SaaS experience
- Strong competency with Excel
- Exceptional written and oral communication skill
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and mitigating operational risk
- Ability to think strategically and implement ideas/initiatives tactically
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with drawing metric-based conclusions
- Ability to earn trust, manage effectively and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Thrives in highly fast-paced and dynamic work environment
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
About Four Winds Interactive
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
- Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.